Green Tea Tofu Harumaki (Spring Rolls)
* 6 tb soy sauce
* 6 ts sesame oil
* 375 g tofu; cut into cubes
* 6 tb olive oil
* 3 leek; cut into thin strips
* 3 carrot; cut into thin strips
* 225 g mangetout; cut into thin strips
* 6 cloves garlic; chopped
* 3 ts fresh root ginger; chopped
* 375 g button mushrooms; sliced
* 1 1/2 ts five spice powder
* 225 g beansprouts
* 3 ts cornflour
* 3 ts salt and freshly ground black pepper
* 2 tsp Matcha powder
* 3 200 g pack Spring Rolls Sheets
* 120 g solid vegetable oil; melted
Prep Time: 30 min
Cooking Time: 15-20 min
In a bowl, mix the soy sauce, sesame oil and 6 tablespoons cold water and add the tofu and marinate for approx 30 minutes.
Heat the oil in a frying pan or wok and stir fry the leek, carrot and mangetout strips for 2-4 minutes.
Add the garlic, ginger and mushrooms and cook for a further 3-5 minutes.
Add the tofu (reserving the marinade) with the five spice powder and beansprouts.
Blend the cornflour, the marinade and matcha powder and pour over the vegetables and cook gently until thickened, add seasoning and leave to cool.
Lay out spring rolls sheets to cooking sheets. Place a spoonful of vegetable mixture at one end of the sheet and roll up gently, folding the sides in.
Brush the other end with a little more vegetable oil to seal the pastry. Repeat for the remaining spring rolls.
Deep fry the spring rolls in hot oil preheated to 180 C, 350 F for approximately 5 minutes until golden brown. Drain well on absorbent kitchen paper.